Sunday, November 21, 2010

what are the submission guidelines?

My mission statement is to publish new and first-time writers of creative, narrative, essay-like nonfiction.  A chance to 'tell your story', think of it as the written version of camp fire stories.  The story must be true and also fit the theme of 'all things never meant to be' or 'tales of regret'.  WNHP is no longer accepting poetry submissions.  Drawings however are welcomes, as well as lists of Facebook status messages.  I love those.

The submission criteria may sound super specific but it's not.  It could be literal or abstract.  The theme for issue 8 will be 'rejection'.  So either an actual rejection from a club, from publication, from friends, or maybe a trip through your mind's insecurities - a rejection of happiness.  Ideas?  Start writing.  If you send it to me, I promise to read it and if it doesn't work for me, I will tell you why and see if we can make it work with editing.

Deadline is March 1.